Wednesday, October 5, 2016

A Great Awakening - Signs of Revival

Most of the Body of Messiah has been praying for revival.  I know that I personally have for more years than and I count.  I began by praying for a personal revival, because I believe that Scripture points to that.

One of the most frequently used Scriptures quoted for revival is 
2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV):

 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

This verse gives us a formula, if you will, of what needs to happen in order for a people, even a land, to experience revival: 

  1. Humble yourself
  2. Pray
  3. Seek Yehovah's face
  4. Turn from your wicked ways  
I have seen steps 1-3 take place frequently, however, step 4 is more challenging.  Why is that?  I think it is more challenging because we don't all understand what the Father has defined as "wicked".  Our definition of "sin", is typically very vague and subjective.  I was always taught that "sin" means to "miss the mark", but no one really ever explained what the mark was! I know that I was doing things that in my opinion were acceptable, even pleasing to the Father, yet in His mercy, He eventually helped me to see that those things were not acceptable nor pleasing to Him!  But because of my doing steps 1-3 so frequently, step 4 became more accessible for me to take. The Holy Spirit helped me to see that the true definition of sin is "lawlessness": 

 Everyone doing sin also does lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness
I john 3:4 (ISR)

Well, whose law?  Yehovah's, of course! Thankfully, He helped me to connect the dots. I don't kid myself into thinking that I have fully obtained anything - I am still a work in progress! 

In the last couple of years, I have started noticing more signs of revival - others who are connecting the dots.  It is so encouraging to hear about believers waking up and taking notice that something just isn't right within the churches.  That is exactly what prompted me to cry out and weep for more

So, I want to share links to a few accounts of this revival taking place. For the most part, I think that the Body of Messiah will be surprised to see how the Great Awakening we are all praying for is unfolding.  Yehovah's ways are higher than ours, and His thoughts are above our thoughts, so He always works outside the box we keep trying to put Him in! (see Isaiah 55)

I hope that you will take the time to watch, read, and/or listen to the following testimonies of what I believe is the Great Awakening. 





http://www.blogtalkradio.com/nci-radio/2016/09/15/2730-yearsand-counting

This awakening is so great, that our brother, Judah (the Jewish people), is starting to take notice!  This is fulfilling prophecy!!

http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/75368/christians-striving-live-biblically-oriented-lives/#WKg4vG66xBpOk80U.97

https://soundcloud.com/thelandofisrael/israel-inspired-sep-2-2016

And finally, a new documentary was recently released.  Now, to view this, you will need to purchase a copy for yourself.  You can buy it either in a download version or DVD.  It is well worth the price!

https://www.thewaydoc.com/

No comments: