Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Time





"Time is a teacher, so it shouldn't be despised."  This thought came to me a few minutes ago. You see,
I've been inwardly impatient concerning a project, and I think this was the Lord telling me to be patient.  In a way it is comforting because it tells me that time is not running out as quickly as it seems.  On the other hand it is frustrating, because I am by nature a very impatient person.  When I set my mind to a task I want it accomplished so that I can move on to the next one.  But the task at hand, or the "project" as I referred to it earlier, is not something that can be completed in one sitting.  The project is actually not a project at all.  It is a journey of faith. 

I love to learn.  I am constantly reading something, mostly nonfiction. Whether it is current events or something of a historical nature, you can usually find me reading about it.  But now the Lord has prompted me to do the writing.  Even as I type those words I find myself shaking my head and wondering, "How in the world am I going to write anything worth reading - especially on the subjects of prayer and faith?" That's when I have to remind myself that anything God wants me to do will be done only through His strength and ability - not mine!  So the very act of beginning to form words into sentences and storing them up to share with others in the future, is in and of itself an act of faith.  It might seem insignificant, but to me it's huge. 

This step of faith, this minute forward motion, causes me to take a deep breath, and it brings tears to my eyes.  Why is that?  Because it is an admission that God has a purpose for me that is not yet within my sight or my understanding.  It is also a commitment to continue on the same path until I reach the destination.  This is something that, for the most part, will be out of my control.  After all, if what I write IS something that God wants others to read, then He will have to be the one to get it into their hands!  I don't know the first thing about writing a book and getting it published.

Well, the first step has been taken.  Actually, I guess you could say two steps have been taken.  One - I've committed to do this, and two - I've said it out loud to others.  Time will tell whether or not I actually complete the journey.  Time - there's that word again!  

2 comments:

Ninfa said...

Looking forward to reading what the Lord provides! ;)

Ninfa said...

Looking forward to reading what the Lord provides though you. ;)