Tuesday, October 15, 2013

He Knows My Needs

Recently something greatly discouraged me.  I felt Holy Spirit led to share an encouraging passage of Scripture with a body of believers, but for reasons out of my control, I was not able to do so.  My heart was saddened and I was physically deflated of energy. 

Instead of attending our usual evening church service, I chose to stay home. I simply needed to be alone with my thoughts and with my God.  I was looking through my twitter page when a particular tweet caught my eye.  It was an article that someone had shared concerning prophecy.  I clicked on the link, read the article and was intrigued by it's author.  I then clicked on a link that led to the author's website.  While there I came across a video series discussing the ministry of prophecy.  I watched the series, and much to my surprise by the very end of the series, the author shared a passage of Scripture to encourage those who work in the ministry of prophecy.  My surprise was not due to her using Scripture to encourage (after all, that is what a prophet does), it was the specific Scripture she referenced, which was Matthew 11:28-30, the very passage of Scripture that the Holy Spirit had led me to share to encourage others earlier that very day!  

How sweet it was for God to encourage me through the passage that He wanted me to use to encourage others!  

 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30

I was reminded of how God knows my needs and how He so graciously desires to meet them!  

Matthew 6:8b "for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him."



No comments: