Saturday, July 13, 2013

Anchor for my Soul




YEARS ago I wrote a song I titled "Anchor for the Soul", which was inspired by Hebrews chapter six.  After mom died, for some strange reason, I threw away all the songs and poetry that I had written over the years.  I don't know why I did that & I don't know why I'm sharing that story. This morning I read part of Hebrews six and that phrase once again stood out to me.   

What does an anchor do?  It stabilizes.  It secures.  It holds fast.  Even when storms rage about, an anchor will keep a boat from drifting away.  Jesus is the Anchor for my soul!  My soul is stabilized in Him.  My soul is secure in Him.  He will hold me fast! What a comfort!  What a Savior! 

Hebrews 6:16-20 "People swear by someone greater than themselves, and the oath confirms what is said and puts an end to all argument. Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged. We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek."

Dear Lord, thank You for being an anchor for my soul.  Thank you that when the storms come in my life, I can trust that You will hold me secure in Your hand.  


1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Thank you so much for sharing this today. I needed to be reminded about my anchor, Christ. Storms rage - He holds me steady - when life looks ugly - He does not look away!