Monday, June 10, 2013

Choices

In the grand scheme of things, how you choose to look in God's eyes is all that matters. Will you choose to stand before Him clothed in your own flesh, or will you choose to stand before Him clothed in the righteousness of Christ?  Your choice determines your destination

In other words (and I'm going to use my mom since I only had her most of my childhood and not my father) if I was standing in front of my mom and she was holding up a beautiful new dress for me and I knew that if I chose to put on that dress I could go to the most wonderful place in the world & be with her forever, but I also had the choice of keeping my own dirty, ragged dress on and ultimately go to a dark, lonely, isolated cave where I would never see or be with my mom again, which would I choose?  Either way, it is my choice

I know my analogy probably isn't the best, but it is a picture that came to my mind just now and I wanted to share it. 

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is long-suffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9 (KJV)





MY TESTIMONY 


I've already made my choice.  When was I was about ten years old I remember hearing for the first time that I was a sinner and that Christ died for me.  At first I wasn't sure that I was a sinner; I thought I was a pretty good girl!  My mom and grandparents (almost) always made me feel like I was! So I went to a trusted adult (I was at a church camp at this time), a lady who was my cabin counselor, and I asked her how I would know if I had sinned.  She shared with me a passage out of 1 John 1:8-10 "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us."  She then asked me if I knew what a liar was and if I had ever lied.  Boy, did she pick the right question!  Lying was something that I frequently did! I would look my mom right in the eye and lie like nobody's business, knowing the whole time that she knew I was lying!  Well, the Holy Spirit poured out conviction upon me at that moment and I knew that I needed to ask Jesus to forgive me and become my Lord and Savior.  So that's what I did!  I have never once regretted that choice! 

Unfortunately off and on throughout the years following I would make choices that went against my Savior, but He never left me (which is a promise He makes to everyone who trusts in Him - see Hebrews 13:5b)!  Never once have I ever doubted that I am His and He is mine (Song of Solomon 2:16), even during those rebellious years.

So, back to you and your choice.  Picture yourself standing before your heavenly Father.  You are wearing your own filthy rags.  He has a beautiful new garment for you - all you have to do is choose to take it and put it on and you will be made new & clean - fit for the King

What will you choose today? 




2 comments:

Lamarr said...

Love it, Christy - similar to what I told our SS class on Sunday morning about choices - The God of Angel Armies is always by our side; I pictured it as a football game, God's side with giants and Satan's side with mice. We choose which side to be on - with God we can always win when we make the right choice - and he is our cheering section. But too often we side with the mice, and cause Satan to cheer

Terry said...

We fight the battle that Jesus has won already instead of accepting the victory in Jesus and living victoriously! We believe the lies of Satan and we so easily forgot what God has shown us to be true. We accept and choose the lesser of the prize offered us every time we choose Satan over God. But God is patient and full of grace that helps us learn not to sin!!! His True Love Waits for us to return! Gotta Love Him!!! None like him!! Thanks for sharing...