Tuesday, February 26, 2013

What Am I Waiting For?

I was reading in Joshua 18 and this stood out to me (verse 3):

The whole assembly of the Israelites gathered at Shiloah and set up the Tent of Meeting there.  The country was brought under their control, but there were still seven tribes who had not yet received their inheritance.  So Joshua said to the Israelites: "How long will you wait before you begin to take possession of the land that the LORD, the God of your fathers, has given you?"

I stopped to think about what Joshua had said, wondering how it applies to me.  There is so much that I have access to being in Christ that I never tap into.  I have the resurrection power of the Holy Spirit residing in me! I need to be living like it - every day!  Why do I just stand there waiting? What am I am waiting for? 

No comments: