Monday, July 30, 2012

Little Again

Matthew 18:2-4 is a passage that I've been meditating on lately: He called a little child and had him stand among them. And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

So what are children like? 

  • trusting 
  • innocent
  • inquisitive 
  • helpless
  • dependent
  • vulnerable
  • teachable 
  • always wanting to be with parent  
I was thinking back to when my children were little.  They were always so eager and excited to be with me and/or their daddy.  Their minds were like sponges and they soaked up every little word or concept we would teach them.  They would constantly ask questions and of course they wanted to do whatever they saw mommy and doing.  They trusted that what we told them was true (they still do, thank the Lord!) because they knew how much we love them.  

Yes, I can see why Jesus said we need to become like little children.  Lord, help me to become little again.

No comments: