Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Growing

Lately I have been trying to learn how to better hear the voice of God on a daily basis.  I want to know without doubt, what His will is concerning every aspect of my life.  Not only the "big" things, but the little, daily, mundane things as well.  I want Him to infiltrate my being like never before.  I think that so many of us have been raised on focusing on the future kingdom of God and being with Him for eternity, not realizing that TODAY He is with us.  TODAY is His kingdom.

I have had more personal encounters with the Lord lately.  I've seen Him in my mind.  I've talked with Him, not just to Him.  I've heard Him respond to me.  He smiles a lot.  He is so... calm.  I thoroughly enjoy my meetings with Him.  So much so that that's all I want to do is just sit with Him beside the still waters and be in His presence.  However, God still has me here for a reason.  He wants me to do His work.  I can't spend my days only sitting in His presence.  Somehow I've got to learn how to get up and go about my day still knowing that HE IS WITH ME.  I need to learn to walk in His strength, His peace, His power - not my own.  Without Him, I am nothing and I can do nothing.  It's the transitioning from the mental meetings to the active doing that I'm trying to figure out.

Just this morning He reminded me that I need to come to Him like a little child.  He said that I'm learning to walk all over again.  At first this hurt me because after 30+ years of being a believer, I would like to think I'm beyond the childish stage.  But then He called me out and said that I was being prideful.  Instead I need to rejoice in the moment of learning something new (to me).  I need to be excited about the opportunity to grow.  

In the meantime, right now, I can't help but feel, well, restless and out of place. Which reminded me of a song by Sarah Groves called "Going Home".  This isn't the only song that Sarah has written that makes me think she has been eavesdropping on me!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSq8LyCdtgk

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think God has big plans for you Christy. I think your blogging is a part of His plan. It helps so many people out. I think that you just don't realize it. Than you so much and God Bless.