Saturday, January 23, 2010

sweet family

Tonight my family and I went out to eat together. During dinner I brought up the subject of teaching my kids how to speak better. I mentioned this because of a video my daughter and I had viewed earlier.

After watching the video a couple of times, my daughter said that she didn't really understand all of it. So, I told the kids that I had an idea of how to teach them both to speak better. I suggested that they memorize and recite poetry. Oh, the looks I received! My son asked me if I thought they talked "dumb". I said that I wasn't criticizing them, but just suggesting a way for them to better themselves so that they will sound educated. My husband then instructed Dawson on how to better cut the steak that he was eating. He set down his knife and fork and said, "So do I have to EAT educated now, too?!" The look he had on his face was priceless! Dwight and I laughed and laughed. I actually started to cry I was laughing so hard! The kids were just looking at us like we were crazy. They didn't think it was all that funny, but I thought it was hysterical!

As we were leaving the restaurant, a couple stated, "You have such a sweet family", the woman said. "Yes, sweet family", echoed the man. I said, "Well, thank you very much." Ithen wondered out loud why they would say that, and Dwight thought it was because we prayed before we ate our meal. I told Haley that it might have been because we were all laughing and enjoying each other, plus, they might have been pleased to see a teenager who actually smiles. =0)

So overall we had a very enjoyable time together. The food was very good, but the company was very sweet.

No comments: