Friday, November 13, 2009

a new read

Sorry for not posting in so long. I haven't had any inspiration of late. However, I started reading a new book and I wanted to share the name of it with you. It's called You Are Gifted by Ken Hemphill (link is to Amazon). I've wanted to do another study on spiritual gifts as well as the role of women in the church. When sharing my desire with a friend at church, she asked if I wanted to study together; I immediately said, "Yes!". It's always so much better when their is someone to discuss things with and be held accountable to. This is our first week to get together and discuss what we've read. I will tell you that I'm very excited about this book. I have already read chapter one TWICE! The second time I went through and underlined and highlighted several things. My initial intention was to NOT write in the book at all so that I could share it on PaperBackSwap.com, but this book is a definite keeper for me! One of the things written in the book that really stood out to me is this: The author was talking about how the Jews were angry with the followers of Christ and accused them of pretty much rocking the world. The author then asks why believers today are not accused of the same thing. Great question! I've wondered this myself. Apparently we do not truly believe in the power of Christ and that this power is IN US, or else we would be really shaking things up. Hopefully I will get to the point of belief and begin exercising the God-given power on a daily basis.

Well, that's all I have time for today. I encourage you to get a copy of the book, read the Scripture the author uses, and ask God to shake things up in your life!

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Pam said...

This sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

Terry said...

I was just wondering about how long it had been since you had blogged. Good to see you back. I'll try to look at the book the next time I'm in a bookstore.

Christy said...

Pam, Terry, thanks so much for stopping by! I feared after so a long break no one would bother. ;0) The book really is worth you time, at least what I've read so far.