Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence Day 2009


Today is the day we celebrate the independence of our country. It's always been a special day to me. It's another opportunity to spend time with family and friends and to remember the great people who have made America the free and awesome country that it is - all by the grace of God. This year it means even more to me as I think of my brother who is currently serving in the Army, stationed in Korea. It's sobering to think that he might soon be put into harm's way in order to continue the fight for America's freedom. Freedom comes with a cost and can never be assumed.

I know I don't have to remind those of you here live in America to stop and think of the cost of our freedom. I'm sure all of you have at some point today, or will before it's over, given thanks in your hearts to God Who has blessed us with a life here, and also say a prayer for those who continue to serve and fight for us all.

God bless America!

5 comments:

Pam said...

Hope you have a wonderful 4th! Praying for your brother as he serves our country.

Terry said...

Great thoughts! (Also, you have a good reason to be proud of your brother.)

Christy said...

Thank you!

Brenda said...

I'm also thankful for the freedoms that we still have here in America. And I'm thankful for women and men like your brother who have the desire to serve in the military. May God protect him in every way.

There is a pastor here in SD that started this website you might be interested in reading. Instead of God bless America, he came up with: America bless God. It makes perfect sense to me. God has blessed us as a nation and sadly and frighteningly, Americans are turning away from Him. Check it out: americablessgod.com

Mark (under construction) said...

Yes indeed ... sorry a bit late!!! but may God continue to bless your great country and may your country continue to inspire us all ...

Yes, we can.