Friday, May 8, 2009

Fiddler has begun!

My daughter and me back stage.

My son and me at rehearsal.

Well, last night was opening night for Fiddler on the Roof. It is a lot of fun, but it sure is tiring. I felt like a train hit me this morning. I sure wish I had my twenty something energy back again. The kids are having a good time being in the production as well. My son has asked if we can be in another one, but I don't see that happening any time soon. We've had to make some adjustments to our appearances in order to come across as Jewish. My son and I dyed our hair a darker color. My daughter is wearing a wig. I just didn't have the heart to dye her beautiful blonde hair (even though she has begged me to). I'll be glad when my natural hair color returns. I don't care for the darker version. My son likes his, though. Opening night went very well. I think the nervous energy kept every body hopping. Tonight I was tired and I don't think I did as well, but hopefully nobody else noticed. We have five more performances before it's all said and done. I'll be glad, but at the same time I'll be sad. We have met some really great people and I will hate to say goodbye. I'm sure we'll have good intentions of keeping in touch, but you know how that goes. Of course we do have facebook in this day and age, and that will make keeping in touch with some of them easier. What did we do before facebook? ;0) I hope you enjoy the photos I've taken so far. I will try to take and post more in the future.

Before and after hair color:

7 comments:

LRAQUILA said...

We loved the Friday night performance!! You and your 'husband' were so funny together!! I think the characters were well cast. Well done:) and the fatigue certainly did not show thru.

Anonymous said...

You and the kids were awesome and I am so glad we went.
Great job all around!
Are you still look great, whether your hair is dark or natrual.
Love ya, Jeanne

Brenda said...

I didn't know your kids are in it also! Is your husband in it too? How fun! I agree with Jeanne, your hair looks cute both ways. I'm so sad that I can't come and watch you perform, but glad to hear you're having a lot of fun with it. Thanks for sharing the pictures... oh, and, break a leg!

Christy said...

Thanks, everyone. Brenda, no, my husband isn't in the show. He's not interested in doing theater. The kids and I are really having a good time; I'm so glad they are involved with me in this. We hope to do another one in the future, but not in the NEAR future. We need time to rest after this one!

Mark (under construction) said...

What a great show ...

Sunrise, sunset - brings me to taers everytime I hear it.

Pam said...

I think your hair looks great either way. : )
I'm glad the production is going well and that you are having a great time.

Dog snob said...

What a fun think for all of you to do together!! I'm glad you're enjoying it, and honestly, I like your hair both ways :)