Thursday, April 2, 2009

My poor brother!



My brother, Matt, burned his foot while at work several days ago. He manages a Cracker Barrell and accidentally (of course) spilled 200+ degree water onto his foot. The water went down into his shoe and well, you see the result. This picture was taken last night, I believe, after his room-mates dog jumped on his foot. I peeled some of the skin back. Unfortunately it became infected and he had to have the skin peeled off today. I was supposed to take him to the burn unit to have this done, but my daughter came down with a fever, so my dad took him instead. He called me to let me know he had made it back home. He didn't sound very well at all. I'm sure it must have been excruciating to have that procedure done. Even after all he has been through with the kidney transplant, this still has to be up there on the higher end scale of pain (I thought I had written about his kidney transplant before, but I can't seem to find the post). I hate to see my brother hurting. Well, technically I haven't seen him, only through pictures like this. I've asked him time and time again what I can do to help him. He is so self-sufficient, though, and he always says "nothing". If Mom were here, she would be over there waiting on him and pampering him. I would, too, but I have my kids to take care of. I don't like this feeling of helplessness. Speaking of Mom - next week will be the 2nd anniversary of her passing and Granny's passing. I think that realization has brought on a bit of a blue funk on some of us. My brother, Daniel, is currently in boot camp with the Army. He has been gone for several weeks. I think his graduation is May 8th. Unfortunately I won't be able to attend due to the Fiddler on the Roof. I didn't realize the conflict in dates until after I obligated myself. Actually, I don't think we had the date of his graduation until after I signed up for the musical. If the part of Golde had been double cast, I could probably go, but that's not the case. I'm the only one who was cast to play Golde. I realized earlier today when my daughter became ill that having only one person cast for a major role is quite the leap of faith! What if something else happens, God forbid, that would keep me from being in the musical?

Well, please remember to pray for Matt and his quick recovery as well as Daniel's safety in the Army. Thanks, I know you will. ;0)

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness, your poor brother! I will be praying. It sounds like you have so much going on in your life right now, whew! My son has a friend that is in boot camp in the Army right now. Hope your daughter gets well soon also.

Mandie said...

OUCH! I can't even imagine...

Terry said...

I'll be praying for your brothers.

Dog snob said...

Ouch!! That's miserable for your brother. I am glad to hear he's managing though. I'll be thinking and praying for both of your brothers.

Pam said...

I will be praying for them both. That looks so painful!

Christy said...

Thanks so much for your prayers.