Wednesday, March 4, 2009

while in rehearsal

Tuesday night I went to rehearsal for Fiddler on the Roof (FOTR). It went well as far as I could tell, anyway. Some of us were given a break at one point, while others were working on choreography. As I sat and waited and watched, I thought to myself, "I'm just sitting here doing nothing. I thought God wanted to use me here", and then I began looking around at the others who were just hanging around. I started wondering, "Who am I supposed to minister to?" and such. Then I realized that I was trying too hard to make this witnessing thing happen. I then decided that I need to be in a continual mindset of prayer and just wait for the Holy Spirit to prompt me to action. If I try to manipulate things, I will just make a mess. I am eager and excited to be used by God and to share the reason for the joy that is within me, but if I try too hard I might come off the wrong way to people.

I was reading some of my blog posts that I had shared on myspace back before I had this site. One of the blogs touched on witnessing and the urgency I've been feeling to be a better witness. There were some very interesting comments made. I've debated on whether or not to copy and paste all of the correspondences, but I wonder if those people would be offended by my sharing their thoughts in a different forum. I'm waiting for their permission before I share that conversation here. Of course, I could always change the names to protect the innocent - that sounds pretty cool! I think I'll do that, so hold your breath until my next post. Of course now it'll be a let down since I've made such a big deal out of it.

*Little side note here: Should I bother with the label posts? Does anyone ever really click on them?

3 comments:

Pam said...

I'm looking forward to reading the conversation.
I know the Lord will use you in this venture whenever He feels the time is right.
**I've often wondered the same thing about the label posts.

Brenda said...

I'm thankful for the wisdom that came to you about not trying to make something happen. You're right in thinking if you try and force something it will be a mess. I really hope you just try and have fun with FOTR and let whatever is suppose to happen... happen. I'm also looking forward to reading the myspace conversation.

About the labels... I've never clicked on them because I didn't know we could or should! I don't have the label option enabled on my blog.

Mark (under construction) said...

Being there ... is a pretty good place to start.