Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Please, don't - touch - me!

Well, I'm in a bit of pain now. This morning I started the garden. I planted lettuce, carrots, and strawberries. I forgot how much work it is moving dirt around, digging holes and such. It was quite breezy today and I have a bit of the wind burn look, quite lovely, I'm sure. I was going to plant the rosemary too, but I thought I would wait and put it in a planter. Good thing I decided to do that. Another blogging friend of mine showed a picture of her rosemary bush - yeah, BUSH! Those things get HUGE! So, if I had put it along with my garden, it would probably be a big bush bully and take over the place (like the watermelon did last year). So now my back hurts and my shoulders hurt. I know, I know. I can hear you say, "Quit your whining!" Well, I didn't stop with the gardening. I also groomed my dog today. She's been needing a bath and a haircut for some time now, but since she decided to roll around in the horse doodie that was in the garden, I figured today was as good a day as any to clean her up. NOW, I'm really in a world of hurt. I don't want to move, or breathe, either for that matter. Forget supper tonight! The family will just have to fend for themselves. It won't be the first time they've eaten cereal for dinner, and I'm sure it won't be the last. Well, gotta go and lie on the heating pad - ouch!

8 comments:

Southerner said...

How much did you plant to be so sore? I found that I don't have carrots so I have to get some seed. I have little tiny baby veggies coming up in my starter tray. They are so cute. When the lavendar blooms in your yard can I get a cutting? Can you start new plants with a cutting? I have an aloe plant if you want me to start one for you. I need to get some more strawberries- I think i killed mine. I want to plant two pots and put out front. I think i am going to put a couple of lettuces in a medium round pot to put on my front steps also. I can go out and trim leaves for a salad without taking the whole plant. I will then fill in with pots of flowers. We have a lot of rabbits and racoons and have even had two deer in our yard. So, they like my stuff and the stinkin rabbits will nibble a little of each of the strawberries.

Pam said...

The rosemary is huge, isn't it? It is about five years old, but it expands every year.
Gardening is one of my favorite outdoor activities. I know what you mean about being sore though! The first few times I work in my garden each year I am exhausted!

Caryn said...

Hope you are feeling better today. Last year I took the hedge clippers to my rosemary bush, but it is back to it's big old self this year! Where are those clippers?

Dog snob said...

I hope the soreness goes away soon. I like getting sore for things like that though, it reminds me I've accomplished something :)

Brenda said...

Wow, I can't believe the amount of pain you're in. Did you take a Calgon bubble bath? You are such an inspiration with your gardening skills. I really should give it a try. Maybe I should do something small like the strawberries in a pot. Well, I hope you are blessed with an abundance of lovely vegetables after all that hard work.

Christy said...

I planted lettuce (plants and seeds), carrots (seeds) and strawberries (plants). I need to plant cilantro and onions (should've already planted).

Mark (under construction) said...

these are good days ... cereal for dinner is a good thing.

Ninfa said...

ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT, ALRIGHT... I'll try my hand at trying to keep a plant alive! I'm 35 years old and have never managed to keep one alive so far but your blog and all these comments made me feel guilty! Maybe I'll do better with it near the cost.;o)