Friday, March 27, 2009

Home Again

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth. We've been camping this week. We didn't go far, though, since I still had to be back for Fiddler on the Roof rehearsals. It was still nice to get away from the hustle and bustle of regular life, though. We usually choose to take our school breaks a different week than the school systems around here. That's so we can have more choices of accomodations and such. We weren't disappointed. We were able to get a spot right beside the river and a little stream. It was quite lovely. Camping isn't for everyone, I know, but it suits our family very well. I like it so much because I feel like a queen! My husband does all of the set-up, most (not all) of the cooking AND the cleaning! Plus he usually takes the kids fishing and I get the place to myself and catch up on my reading. It's very relaxing. The weather was perfect until the last night, when it started raining, so all in all it was a great break. I did miss not having my PC with me. WiFi would be nice, but I don't think I'd use it enough to justify the additional cost.
I played with my camera while we were there. There are still so many features on my camera that I don't know how to use yet. I think I need to watch the tutorial again. I still had pictures from other activities on my camera, so when I downloaded them yesterday I had nearly 300 pictures! I'll probably delete several of them. Since the digital cameras have come along, I rarely ever have pictures printed. So now instead of having boxes and boxes of photos lying around the house, they are all on the computer. This is good in that I don't feel bad for not putting them into photo albums, but then again, I do. Know what I mean?
Enjoy some camping pics.
View from our camper.

Me playing with the camera. Pretty, huh?




Kids posing for me.

Cool shot of bee. I didn't even know the bee was in the picture until I downloaded it!

8 comments:

Dog snob said...

It sounds like a fun weekend. I like camping too, but only for a few days at a time..then I seem to get bored. I love the pictures, especially the one of the view from the camper. Pictures like that remind me of how serene camping is.

Southerner said...

Cute photos of D and H. What tutorial are you watching- is it something you have with the camera or online? I have the same camera and no clue how to use it.

Brenda said...

How fun to get away camping. I like camping when we stay in a cabin, HaHa! Which, btw, has only been once. I'm not a huge fan of tent camping because of the bathroom situation. Although I'd sure have to rough it on Survivor, wouldn't I? I wouldn't mind trying out a camper someday though. What kind of camera do you have? I'd love to get a new one, but it's not in the budget right now. That bee shot is amazing! Glad you had fun.

LRAQUILA said...

It looks like you all had a great time. H was telling what fun it was and about seeing the wild turkeys. I was there (in a cabin) last fall and saw several deer. They allowed us to get pretty close..but of course, I did not have my camera with me on my little walk :(

Christy said...

My camera is a Nikon D40. There is a tutorial video on this website:

http://www.nikondigitutor.com/index_eng.html

Terry said...

It's good to see you back. I was beginning to wonder, but I thought you were probably just busy with your play. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed a little vacation.

Anonymous said...

I like camping too! I'm glad we went that week!
Haley,

Pam said...

I'm glad you had a great time and got some r & r.
THe photos you took were lovely.