Wednesday, February 25, 2009

what a revelation!


The kids and I are still studying the book of Revelation. It's not exactly a book that you can go through quickly. We are on chapter 14 right now. It's a very exciting chapter to me in that it reminds me of God's mercy and long suffering. Revelation 14:6-7 says, "And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having an eternal gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; and he said with a loud voice, 'Fear God and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgement has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.'" We read a cross reference in Matthew 24:14 which says, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." The quote in the kids' book says, "Do you see how loving and merciful God is? Even with all His judgements on earth, He sends an angel with the eternal gospel. God does not wish for anyone to perish. He is giving mankind another chance to hear the good news of Jesus Christ before it is too late!"


AMEN! Have you made your choice?

6 comments:

Brenda said...

Yes, Jesus is my choice! I'm so ready for Him to come back, but I'm very thankful for His patience since I'm still praying for certain people to come to Christ (please pray for my husband). In a couple weeks my church bible study will be doing the Anne Graham Lotz study of Revelation. I've attempted it before but gave up. That was 8 years ago. I'm hoping I'm more mature now to understand it and not bail out.

Caryn said...

And that is the great news...He is not willing that any should perish! Thank God that He cares enough about us to give us every chance to come to Him. But His patience is not everlasting, and there will be a last chance. I pray that each one will heed the call before it is too late.

Pam said...

We have been studying the book of revvelation also. It's very interesting.

Terry said...

Yes, I have been committed to following Christ for nearly 24 years now, and have not regretted it.

Thanks for posting such a great message!

(Brenda, I will pray for your husband to become a Christian, too.)

Mark (under construction) said...

31st Oct 1979 ...

I would love to share in, in one of those Bible Studies, indeed I would.

God's Not Finished With Us Yet... said...

Are you by any chance on Facebook?

I think I've seen your profile pic on my SIL Mari's (or maybe other friends) 'wall'. If not I must have you mistatken. Regardless, I enjoyed reading up on some of your blog today. It's nice.

Your Friend through Christ,
Sarah Lopez