Wednesday, February 4, 2009

unrelated stuff

I haven't written in the last few days. I've been distracted, but for the most part I just haven't had anything good to write about. I need some blogspiration, you know?

Well, it seems lately that all I hear is bad news and more bad news. When this happens I tend to go into shut-down mode after a point. It's like my mind just can't take in any more sadness or wickedness, you know? How do you respond when this happens? Some people rise above it all. Others, like myself, withdraw and take a breather from life; I think I'm about there once again. This means that I won't be "taking in" the e-mails I receive (I'll just quickly scan them) or going online to check the headlines, or watching the news. At least for a while. Of course this makes me feel selfish. I really wish I was one of the those who can rise above it all.

On a different note, I think I'm almost to the point of actually saving money with the coupons I've collected. Yes, I have decided to be "one of those" people who go (or is it "who goes"?) into the stores with a handful of coupons and walk (or is it "walks"? my mind isn't working tonight) out of the place with $100 bucks worth of stuff having paid only $15 for it all. I have a friend who is a pro at this. Holly devotes her blog to the bargains she obtains. She is my inspiration. ;0)

8 comments:

Caryn said...

It has been a difficult week, hasn't it? I'm praying that your retreat this weekend will "fill you up." I pray you will be blessed as you bless others. Can you open your mouth today?

Christy said...

Yes, praise the Lord! I was even able to eat a Subway sandwich last night! It was packed full of stuff, too. ;0) Thanks for asking, and most of all, for praying. I'm very relieved that I'll be able to sing freely this weekend.

Southerner said...

Wow, sweet words, thanks.
Okay, retreat this weekend?- am I missing something. Our retreat is not this weekend, right? I am kind of freaking out now. I need to go look at the church website because if it is this weekend I am not packed.

Terry said...

I take breaks from the news, political talk radio, and argumentative bloggers fairly frequently. I have some understanding of how you feel. I tend to get a chip on my shoulder and go around looking for someone to try to knock it off, if I pay too much attention to negative influences in life.

Dog snob said...

It's good to hear from you, I did notice your blog wasn't popping up in my dashboard with new post lately. I know what you mean about needing a break, sometimes it just gets overwhelming.

Christy said...

Holly, sorry for the confusion. The retreat I'm going to this weekend is for Bethlehem Baptist. Lori asked the ladies praise team to lead the worship there. I am very exciting about it. Our (WHBC's) retreat is at the end of this month. I get to get away twice! woo hoo!

Brenda said...

Most of the time I really don't have anything of importance to blog about but that doesn't seem to stop me. Thanks for being a regular reader... I appreciate it!

You have inspired me to take "couponing" more seriously. It's probably just a matter of it becoming a habit, right?

katdish said...

Ugh! Good luck with the coupon clipping. I can barely stand to go to the grocery store as it is. My husband is the frugal one and he has taught me to live below our means. We would probably be in the poorhouse if I was in charge of the finances. My friend Tam used to do something called "The Grocery Game". Her family saved a bundle of money. Have you heard of it?

P. S. - Thanks for pointing out my big butt on SCL!