Saturday, February 7, 2009

Retreats are nice - but tiring


Yesterday and today I was privileged to join my singing sisters in leading the praise and worship at a women's retreat. Remember Abounding Grace? I wrote about us not long ago. Well, we had a wonderful time. God was definitely present and it was awesome. After the music, we viewed Beth Moore videos on "Loving Well". God never disappoints me in how He uses Beth to give me new insights to His word.
The place we stayed in was absolutely wonderful and the food was delicious. Overall, it was a great mini-retreat. However, I am typing this with half-closed eyelids. Just think of having around 50-60 women together in one place with nothing to do but talk! Yeah - sleep doesn't happen for long. Hopefully I'll manage to catch up tonight. As soon as I'm finished posting this, I'm off to bed!
I will tell you something funny that happened to me. After I arrived home, I began to unpack my suitcase. Well, I noticed that my clothes were wet. I had taken a steamer to use on my clothes in case there weren't any irons at the Lodge, so I assumed I had failed to drain it completely and it leaked. That wasn't what it was. I had packed my hairspray bottle so that the nozzle got pressed and the ENTIRE bottle of hairspray had squirted out and saturated my stuff! It was Paul Mitchell hairspray, too! Do you know how much that stuff is? *sigh* I don't know what's worse - having wet, sticky clothes, or going to church tomorrow with flat hair! That's almost enough to make a woman want to stay home. I think Beth Moore could appreciate my dilemma. I guess that's another thing that can happen when I'm sleep deprived.
Well, I'd better go catch some zzzz's before I make any more mistakes. Good night!

8 comments:

Mandie said...

That's the only other Beth Moore study I've done. I did it twice. The first time, it was in a small group the second time, it was in a large group setting.

Sorry about your hairspray. I can't sympathize because I only use it when I have to have "fancy" hair. That's not too often!

Caryn said...

Glad you are home, safe and sound, and I hope you rest well tonight. I am sure that the Lord spoke through the music of Abounding Grace. I have never heard you all sing when that wasn't the case! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

You are beautiful inside and out! Don't worry about the hairspray. Deanna

Dog snob said...

Sounds like a fun weekend, and yeah, I've done the hairspray thing myself.

Brenda said...

Glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time! The hairspray thing has happened to me before also (expensive Sebastian Shaper Plus). At home, I don't keep the lid on my hairspray can, but I keep the lid in my overnight make-up bag, and then put the lid on before packing it in the suitcase. That has helped it from happening ever since.

Christy said...

Brenda, good idea.

Tony M said...

Well, at least your clothes made the trip (unlike my trip to Wichita Falls, TX, where my suitcase didn't show up for a day). :)

If Abounding Grace ever wants to take a road trip to South Alabama, let me know and I'll see if I can get you on the schedule down here somewhere (who knows, maybe even more than one place).

Christy said...

Tony, we'd love to! It would just be a matter of coordinating schedules. Throw me some dates and I'll see what everyone thinks. That would be AWESOME! ;0)