Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Guess what I'm doing?

Nope, that's not it. You'll never guess, so I might as well just tell you. I'm going to be in a musical (remember, this is one of things on my "want to do list", or bucket list)! This past weekend I auditioned for a part in Fiddler on the Roof. A cousin of mine told me about the auditions on Monday or Tuesday. I auditioned Saturday (it was a BLAST), had a call back for Sunday and I've been cast for the role of Golde - the wife of the main character Tevye. How cool is that? I'm terribly excited and extremely terrified! I've never done anything major like this before. I've been in several church production musicals, but nothing like this. Rehearsals start soon and I'll be rehearsing two to three times a week until the actual production, which is in May. That's a pretty good chunk of time, huh? I know some of you might think this is crazy, but the reason I tried out in the first place is because I think God wanted me to. For some reason, He wants me to be a part of this experience. I have no idea why, but I'm willing to go along with it, have fun, and seek His will for the outcome. If you're not familiar with Fiddler on the Roof, I encourage you to watch it. (Brenda, I know you don't like musicals, but maybe you can at least try this one.) It's a great story and I'm thrilled to be a part of telling it (or singing it). There will be many challenges ahead of me - memorization, time management, not neglecting my family, and probably some I haven't even thought of yet. I feel a little silly asking this, but prayers would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy the clip!

6 comments:

Mandie said...

My mom told me about this on the phone today! Very exciting. Congratulations!!

Southerner said...

That last dance where they were on their knees and slid was cool looking! Can't wait.

Brenda said...

What a wonderful opportunity and how exciting for you!!! You are super sweet to think of me regarding musicals. I promise you I will watch it. Sounds like you might have a large part, do you? If money wasn't so tight right now, I would love to fly to see your performance! How fun would that be? I will definitely make the commitment to be praying for you throughout this process. I know you will be a wonderful witness to others.

Tony M said...

Congrats! Keep us updated on the date of the production.

Pam said...

Wow! That sounds like lots of fun. I haven't seen a production of Fiddler on the Roof in years.

Mary @ Giving Up On Perfect said...

Wow! Congratulations!!!