Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm sorry, what did he/she say?

OK, so I'm a little late on getting out an inaugural post, but that's no biggie, right? I don't know about you, but I still don't know what President Obama REALLY had to say, or the lady who recited a poem. All I remember from today's events is something. about making. music with wooden. spoons. and darning. a uniform. Heh? Maybe it's just me, I dunno. I did, however, enjoy the music beforehand with Yoyo Ma on the cello.



Other than that, I was disappointed in this "historical day". Maybe it takes too much to impress me. Again, I dunno. (I bet some of you hate that I say "dunno", dont'cha?) ;0) LOL! I'm a little stinker that way.

8 comments:

Tony M said...

I dunno. :)

Actually, I was working all day. Late. Ugh...

dunno...

photoqueen said...

I watched online at work - but I had such a hard time focusing in on what Obama was really saying. So I kept saying - during his speech, mind you! - "Where do you think I could find this speech online? Surely it's available, right? Let me ask Google..."

And sure enough, Google knew. Google always knows.

Christy said...

Yes, google is good. What did we do before google?

Mandie and Amy said...

I'm with you. Weird poem. The benediction was more poetic.

I am also with you that it was disappointing. You think for a $150 million price tag we coulda gotten fireworks or something.

Harley girl said...

I thought the best part of the whole thing was Rick Warren's pray. It was awesome!

Terry said...

I liked how Rick Warren prayed in the name of Jesus in English, Spanish, Hebrew, and Arabic. I guess he didn't want anyone to miss out on whose name he was praying in. As for the poem, I didn't even listen. It's not really my thing;).

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way, Christy. I watched online at home and was really disappointed in this moment in history. I was disappointed in the whole thing actually. Oh, well. I guess it is because the whole thing was so built up and we all had super high expectations.

Julie

Anonymous said...

OK, I didn't like the thing that much, and I do NOT like Obamma....
I love ya!
Haley,