Monday, January 5, 2009

A proud day


Here's another example of how times flies. It seems only yesterday that my husband had his promotion ceremony with the fire department, but it was back in October! My husband was promoted from fire fighter to driver. He was very excited, as were the rest of us. I'm excited for him because it's an achievement for him, but mainly because it means he won't be going into the burning buildings nearly as often since he has to stay with the truck to pump the water. WHEW! That's a big load off of my mind. I've posted some pictures from that happy day. I just wanted to share with you some of the happier times of my life. I also want to add that even though my husband is considered a hero by many, he is mainly MY hero (go ahead, you can say it, "awwwww...")
Here he is receiving his badge and certificate.
I got to pin him!
Now Dwight's officially a driver . No he's not standing on anything, he really is that tall. He stands heads and shoulders above the rest. ;0)
Here he is with his family. Left to right: His dad, his mom, our daughter, our son, Dwight in back, me, my cousin, who is also Dwight's district chief. We have four family members in the fire department - hopefully soon to be five! Two are captains, one district chief, a driver, and hopefully one day soon another fire fighter.

9 comments:

Caryn said...

Awww and double awww! Thanks for sharing those pictures. It was a well deserved promotion for a terrific guy who does stand head and shoulders above the rest, both physically and with integrity.

Brenda said...

Congratulations to Dwight! What a cool job. And I'm going to say it too... Awwww. It's great to hear you speak so lovingly about your man. And I'm sure he feels blessed to have such a loving, supportive wife.

My nephew has been trying for quite awhile to get into the Fire Dept. here in Calif. Just recently his back is giving him a lot of trouble and may possibly need surgery, so now he's not even sure he should continue to pursue it.

Okay, I got a good look at your photo and, yes, there is a slight resemblance and a mixture of Sally Field and Lance Bass. :) You're super cute!

Christy said...

Brenda, LOL! What a combo, huh?

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Congratulations!!

-tiffany

Mork said...

What a GREAt photo!!!
Family - too lovely ... way too lovely!!!

Terry said...

Congratulations to Dwight! Nice photos, too.

Dog snob said...

Congratulations!! You all look so proud in that family picture and it looks like a great ceremony. I didn't know a driver was a higher rank then a fire fighter, I thought they all just took turns driving or something like that. Learn something new everyday...

Anonymous said...

awwwww! That's nice! I'm glad daddy got the job he wanted! Hey, thanks for the comments! Bye!
Haley,

Eileen said...

Christy this is such a wonderful recognition.. I am so happy for your family... I hope you don't mind, but I love your blog and added it to my favorite blog list.
eileen