Thursday, January 22, 2009

Near to my heart

I probably shouldn't be trying to write about something serious at this hour; it's almost my bedtime. But this has been on my mind throughout the day and I wanted to attempt to share with you something that is very near to my heart. I am extremely blessed to be part of a group of ladies who sing praises to our God. "Abounding Grace", the group that we have now has been together, I think, for four or five years. We sing whenever the opportunity arises, so it's not a year-round type of thing; yet when we are together it's like we never parted. God has truly blessed our relationship to the point that no matter how much time goes by, we can pick up right where we left off. We have a kinship that would make the closest of blood sisters envious. I have been involved with several musical groups throughout my life, but this one is the dearest, most treasured of them all. When we begin to sing together it's as if we have ascended to the very throne of God! There are many times that I just want to weep because His presence is so real. It's like no other experience. Of course my attempt at describing it to you pales in comparison. If only I could delineate (how's that for the word of the day?). Thankfully we are currently working on several songs. We have been asked to lead the worship at a womens retreat in February. I can't tell you how excited I am to be singing with my sisters again! Even when we're only rehearsing in the old portable, it still feels like we're in heaven. It gives me a glimpse of what singing in heaven must be like. God is the center - our audience of one! Our mouths open, our voices rise, angels watch in awe because they can't sing the redemption story! Oh how glorious it is to sing to Abba! I'm am so blessed. I write with tears in my eyes because of God's goodness and grace. What a wonderful priviledge it is to sing with my sisters.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

How beautiful to hear the love and tender heart you have for the Lord. And the joy and blessing to sing with such a wonderful group of friends. You must have a great singing voice. How many ladies are in the group?

Christy said...

Brenda, thank you for your kind words. There are six of us.

photoqueen said...

What a blessing! I think making music with other people truly can bring us closer to God - there's just something about it.

Anonymous said...

I love this! It is the best description of our group I have ever heard! I love the Lord for loving us and putting us together!! Missed you terribly lastnight! ~LB

Tony M said...

If you guys (ok, girls, I was being generic there) ever feel like taking a road trip, let me know! I'll see what I can do about getting you some time scheduled in "our church" down here.