Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I tried to think of a more original title for today's post, but apparently I still have the same brain that I had in '08, so nothing new came to mind. Have you seen all of the "Best of .... in '08" headlines? I've seen the headlines, but I haven't read any of the articles just yet. I'm trying to think of my own list, but again I'm struggling with ideas. Let me see, I could just share with you the best moments of my year, but that might be b-0-r-i-n-g. Oh well, I'll do it anyway! I think you're supposed to count backwards on this type of thing, and I think it's a rule there has to be at least ten but I could only think of 5. Anyway, here goes:

Best Moments of '08:
5. Starting this blog. I have had so much fun sharing my thoughts with people I've never even met. Who'dve thunk that I would feel so close to people who live across the country - nay, across the WORLD? (Did you like how I put "nay" in there? I thought you would) This blog thing has been a hoot, not to mention therapuetic (which is the main reason I started it, so thanks for helping me out by leaving your comments). My first entry was nothing to write home about (ha!), but thanks to you, there were enough comments to encourage me to continue. ;0)
4. Getting through the school year without TOO many tears. Contrary to popular belief, homeschooling is not all easy days in your PJ's, that's a myth. We still have deadlines, essays, tests and even worse - dunt, dunt, dunt, dun...... science projects (oh, how I hate science). I talked about some struggles in a previous post.


3. Camping trips. My family and I really enjoy camping, and God, the Giver of all good things, blessed us with an amazing camper! Camping helps us as a family to get away and just be together with each other without distractions.

2. Starting my garden. It was an overwhelming undertaking (am I allowed to use those words together?). Getting started was the hard part. Again God blessed us by helping my garden to grow and produce a bountiful harvest of yummy veggies. I'm very eager to start my garden this year. I hope to have a bigger one!

and finally, the NUMBER ONE bestest moment of my year............

1. My brother's kidney transplant success! OK, so maybe this one's more about my brother, but it has to be the most memorable and best event of 2008! I started this blog after his kidney transplant took place, and I don't think I've even posted about it. Let's just say that after losing our mother and grandmother in 2007, facing a kidney transplant was another major event that rocked our world. My brother is only in his 20's, but had to have a kidney transplant due to a blood disease. What was even more momentous about his transplant is that our uncle was the donor! Yes, my mother's brother saved MY brother's life by giving him one of his kidneys! AMAZING! Even more evidence of God's goodness, mercy and grace. January 8th will mark the one year annivesary for this amazing event.




So there you have it. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - GOD IS GOOD! Thanks to all of you who drop in and spend your precious time reading about little ol' me. You'll never know how much it means; OK, maybe you will because most of you have your own blogs and you know how good it feels to see "1 comment" or more on your daily posts. I hope and pray that 2009 will bring us all great moments we can share with each other - moments that we can lift up as praise offerings to our Lord. God Bless!

9 comments:

Dog snob said...

I've enjoyed reading :). Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

Matt @ The Church of No People said...

Christy - thanks for commenting on my SCL post! Anytime you ignore children in order to comment is worthy of extra credit! ;) I'm glad to make your blog acquaintance - I too enjoyed camping and starting a garden this year! Take care of yourself - I'll be back to see what's up in your world.

Mork said...

Enjoy the New Year and thankyou for the many insights you have given me in 2008!!
Shalom

Brenda said...

Christy-
I'm impressed with many things here. Your use of the words nay and overwhelming undertaking, :), and your lovely vegetables. But, what a wonderful story about your brothers successful transplant and your uncle donating one of his! Wow. I've enjoyed reading your blog and looking forward to more fun.

Sherri said...

Wow! The story about your brother moved me to tears. My cousin is isneed of a transplant as well, he is earlt thirties, his is a idney disease ( he is a NON drinker) and devastated!

This was encouraging. I'll have to share the story.

(Came from Matt's site to say hello!

Christy said...

Matt and Sherri I'm so excited to see newbies. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know about your visit.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!!!
I think you should still post to your other blog... Bye!
Haley,

Caryn said...

By far the constant, year in and year out, is God's faithfulness in the lives of those who serve Him. He is truly an awesome God!

Anonymous said...

Christy,

I know I don't comment often but I read every post. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. God is good and He has blessed you with a great way of keeping it all in perspective. I pray many blessing for you and your family in 2009!

Deanna