Friday, January 30, 2009

Getting to know you, getting to know all about you


I like getting songs stuck in other people's heads! he he! Lately I've had a couple of those 'random things about me' tags. You know the thing where you write about yourself and tag your friends telling them to write about themselves, send it to you and then to other people and so on and so on it goes. Personally, I like those things. I have found that people will write more than they will tell, so I am always learning new things about my friends. I won't do that here, since I think I've done something similar to it before. I just wanted to ask you whether or not you like that sort of thing or do you find it annoying? Is it just another junk e-mail that you ignore? I've noticed that more women participate in these things than men. Why do you think that is?

7 comments:

Brenda said...

I've never been tagged before. But I have borrowed a list idea from other blogs a couple of times. And I usually give that person credit for coming up with the idea. Lists are fun to read about people and I find them fun to write as well. Why don't you create a new list and then tag me, okay? But, just don't forward me any emails. Now those are annoying!

katdish said...

i really like the whole q and a thing. I just don't like having to forward them because some people feel obligated to fill them out even when they don't want to. As for the emails, I never forward them and find them annoying.

Tony M said...

I typically never forward any email, ever. Unless I find it really funny, or for work or something like that.

I've been tagged a couple of times with those "about me" things, but have yet to take the time to work on one.

As to why women seem to do it more than men, probably because of that old "women have 17-billion words to say per day, while men have about 17." And (this is my own conjecture, and I may be beat up by angry women after this) I would surmise that women spend more time on the internet at places like MySpace or Facebook in general, and definitely more time in places like the notes & about me things - but I'm SURE it's not anything to do with more time because women work less! That's not at ALL what I'm saying! :)

Becc said...

I LIKE THEM. IT'S PURE ENTERTAINMENT AND JUST FUN TO DO.

Dog snob said...

I like reading them, but normally don't do them myself. I do really enjoy "reading peoples heads" though.

photoqueen said...

I love them, but it's probably 'cause I'm nosy AND I love to talk about myself! :)

Anonymous said...

web sites like these just scream "HEY I NEED ATTENTION! PLEASE DEVOTE YOUR ATTENTION TO ME! IM IN DESPARATE NEED IF ATTENTION"