Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dirty minded

I know there is still a good bit of winter left, but I've started trying to get ready for my garden. I don't want it to sneak up on me like most things do. I got out my copy of The Vegetable Garderner's Bible and my Mother Earth News magazines and re-read some things, leaving post-it notes here and there. I've decided to definitely plant more corn this time, but cut back on the cucumbers. I might try strawberries, but I'm unsure about that. I thoroughly enjoyed having fresh produce last season, and it felt good knowing where it came from.

On a different note, I have a tooth that is bothering me. Considering the bad experience I had the last time I went to the dentist, I am not a happy girl right now. Especially since it's the tooth that was JUST FINE, thank you very much! Until the dentist messed with it, that is!

Today has been stressful for me. Things have been building up. They're not big things, just a multitude of the little stuff that can get to a person after a while (at least this person). Hopefully I'll be over it by the morning, or tonight would be even better. This toothache isn't helping the situation, though. There's only such much Advil can do, you know? A little get-away would be nice, but that ain't gonna happen. I am taking a break from school next week, so maybe that will work just as well. We shall see.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

How exciting about your vegetable garden. Do you plant yellow or white corn? I have wanted one of those prefabricated gardens (gardenstogro dot com). My sister used to plant a pretty good sized vegetable garden. She also is very good about remembering to plant tulip and daffodil bulbs. Is it too late for those? Gosh, I'm just not good at this sort of thing even though I would love to be. It always seems too overwhelming.

Sorry about your toothache. Hope it's nothing major. Have a fun and relaxing, pain-free week.

Caryn said...

Praying that you will feel peaceful and pain free today.

I'm itching to get at my garden, too. Alas, we must wait until February to put in the first cold weather crops.

hi mik1986 said...

The best help for anxiety disorders is often self-help. Many people with anxiety disorders benefit from joining a self-help group and sharing their problems and achievements with others. No harm trying it, as there is nothing to be lost.http://www.buy-xanax-online-now.com