Wednesday, January 28, 2009

back to normal

For the past several days I've been in extreme pain from a dumb ole abscessed tooth. It's crazy how such a small thing can cause such big problems. I've always had bad teeth. I brush my teeth more than anyone else I know, yet I'm the one who gets cavities and all the other fun stuff that goes along with bad teeth. Yesterday I had part 1 of a root canal. I think I'd rather give birth again as opposed to having a root canal. I don't know, it's a close call. It was quite comical yesterday trying to eat after the procedure. My mouth and tongue completely numb and feeling thrice their size. I attempted to eat yogurt, but since I could barely open my mouth, most of it when on my face. Thankfully no one was home to see my struggle, so I maintained some dignity (except now I'm telling you about it). I drank through a straw all day, and those little buggers can be annoying when you're trying to chase them with a numb tongue. Then when I finally got the straw and drank in, I could feel only the one side of my face reacting - weird. As the day went on, more and more feeling returned but not completely restored. My kids were watching America's Funniest Home Videos on TV and laughing their heads off, so I thought I would join them. Well, it hurts to laugh after having a root canal, but at the same time it felt good. My son wants us to send in a video of him sumo wrestling, but I told him I think the show is only in syndication, so they're not taking new videos anymore. Oh well, he'll have to make his ten grand some other way. Right now I am enjoying my first cup of coffee in a few days. Ah, the little things in life: laughter, coffee, family. Yep - today is a good day!

5 comments:

Southerner said...

Hope you feel better and don't have soreness. Glad you got in to have it fixed. Darryl pulled up photos of DWight last night- I guess from his Facebook? I did not even know it was him- with hair. So funny to see everyone's old photos.

Caryn said...

Yay! The old Christy is back! We missed you last night. I hope you got the info I sent you. Enjoy your coffee!

Dog snob said...

OUCH!! I'm glad it's feeling better. I have bad teeth too and am petrified of having a root canal. Thankfully it's my back teeth that are the worst and in that case, I've been known to opt for the pulling the tooth out option over the root canal. I'm such a chicken.

Terry said...

My son loves Amercia's Funniest Videos, too. And I love to hear him laugh. I think that the show is still be produced, though. Your son may still have a chance at the $10,000.

Brenda said...

I just prayed about your tooth pain this morning. Glad it's almost over. Root canals are not fun, but I'd have to say, easier that childbirth! Glad you are able to enjoy all those good things in your life once again. :)