Thursday, December 11, 2008

"turning 40"

Today is my 40th birthday. WOW! I never saw myself being 40 years old. My daughter doesn't understand why I'm making such a big deal out of it. I guess I am making too big a deal, but it just feels weird, is all. When I think of 40, I think of my mom, not me. I've been teased by a few friends, which is fine, I can take it (I can dish it out well enough, so I'd better be able to take it). Then there are those who have tried to encourage me and remind me to be thankful God has given me another year. My grandmother always made the comment, when speaking of her age, that God had been good to her by letting her live so long. I know that's how I should see it, too, but I've always leaned more toward pessism. Well, anyway, as a 'Happy Birthday to Me", I've posted a Mark Lowery skit. He made me chuckle, which is always a good thing. Enjoy.

10 comments:

Brenda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTY!!!
I hope you get to celebrate your special day doing some of your favorite things. May God bless you with the desires of your heart.

Since I'm much older than you, 40 still sounds great to me! But, there is NOTHING good about getting older, except being wiser. Wish I could have my 21 year old body with my 51 year old brain! lol! Have a great day!!!

Southerner said...

Happy Birthday! I turned 40 in August. I think we are just getting better and better. Maybe you will get some snow for your birthday, pretty yucky out there right now. What are you doing- anything special?

Potpourri of Praise said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! Forty is not so bad...I feel better than I did at 30 in many ways...and I like the wisdom that has come with age too:)I'll soon be hitting my
42nd...so you are young compared to me:) Enjoy your special day!

Caryn said...

This year I have been convicted of how much of my life has been wasted in following after the desires of my heart rather than seeking to please God. I am striving to spend the rest of my years trying to make Him the overwhelming Desire of my heart. If only I had really understood that at 40!

You are a great treasure of the Lord. Bask in that!

Terry said...

Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! It's not so bad to be 40. Just remember, God let you live another year. Hope this year was a good one for you!
Love you.
Haley,

P.S.
That skit was funny!!!
LOL!!!!

Mandie said...

I guess you can wear big girl panties now with authority! Happy 40th!

Dog snob said...

Happy birthday!!

Brenda said...

I saw this cute t-shirt at Target on the sale rack of the junior's section that I wanted to buy for you. It was white with the words, "Wonder Woman" written across the front in a subtle glittery gold lettering. :)

Pam said...

Happy belated Birthday to you! Sorry I haven't been to send birthday wishes sooner. Life has been very hectic at my house with my daughter turning 16 (this was been as hard as turning 40 to me)and illness. I did think about you on your big day though!