Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Revelation Update




I didn't want to leave you hanging, so I thought I'd fill you in on what the kids and I have learned about the last two churches mentioned in the book of Revelation. Isn't that thoughtful of me? ;0) Philadelphia is a faithful church. They received no reproof from Jesus Christ! How cool would that be, huh? The believers of the church in Philadelphia kept His word and did not deny His name. Jesus promised them that He would make those of the synogogue of Satan bow down to them and know that He loves believers! Jesus tells the Philadephians that He has put before them an open door that no one can shut, so they need to take every opportunity He gives them to serve, tell others about Him. Then the last church discussed, and this one always gets me, is the church of Laodicea. This church, sadly, did not receive any PRAISE from Jesus. Instead He told them that because they were neither hot nor cold, He wanted to vomit them out of His mouth! He told them that they weren't even aware that they were wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked. This church really made on impression on the kids (like it has me all these years). Just thinking about making God want to vomit you out of His mouth is a huge wake-up call. At least it should be. Jesus again promised the overcomers that they will sit down with Him on His throne, just as He sat down on His Father's throne. It's amazing how merciful our Saviour is. No matter how far we stumble, He still gives us the chance to turn back to Him. Praise You, Jesus! All of the Scripture I've referred to so far is in Revelation 1-3. As a fun activity, the kids made a model of one of the seven churches. They both chose Smyrna because Jesus had only praise for them. I can see why they chose Smyrna. Next the kids and I will study on what it means to be an overcomer. Good stuff! Well, that's your Revelation recap for the day. Have a blessed one!


1 comment:

Brenda said...

I want to be apart of the church of Philadelphia! It always gets me too when I read about the church at Laodicea. I fear the thought of being lukewarm.