Friday, November 28, 2008

Template boo-boos and Christmas movies

OK, I tried to change my template yesterday. Bad idea! It turned out I deleted all the extras I had, so I'm in the process of trying to get things back to the way I like them. I am trying some new stuff, but I'm not sure I'll keep 'em. Thanks to my friends, Dean and Tony, for helping me get my page. I can always count on those guys to help me with technical difficulties. THANKS GUYS!

So, now that Thanksgiving is behind us, Christmas is on the mind. Of course the retail stores were pushing BEFORE Thanksgiving to get Christmas on the mind, but I resisted with every fiber in my being. OK, maybe I didn't really. I'm almost done with the Christmas shopping. While I was hanging out at another friend's blog (Brenda Beside the Sea) I started sharing with her some of my favorite Christmas movies. I thought I would go ahead and spark that conversation here, too. Some of my (our) favorite Christmas movies are:

A Christmas Story used to be one of my favorites until I started watching it with my kids one year and realized how much foul language is in it (one foul word is in the clip, so be warned)! Funny how we don't notice stuff like that until we're surrounded by innocence, huh? What are some of your favorite Christmas movies?

12 comments:

Mork said...

I don't know why, maybe cause I see the little kid and see me, the poor kid .... The Polar Express - I just so much enjoy this movie and my Grandson as well.

Dog snob said...

Yeah, I change my layout every now and then, and you do have to save everything somewhere or you lose it all. Actually, a friend of mine on blogspot found http://www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/backgrounds.php?cat=39 and they claim you don't lose your sidebar stuff or widgets. I haven't tried them though.

Mandie said...

I have friends who use the Cutest Blog on the Block. They love it.

My favorite Christmas movie recently is Elf!!

Mike said...

It hs got to be muppet Christmas Carol. Michael Cain rocks in this spoof.

Anonymous said...

My favorite is the Charlie Brown Christmas movie. I also love the old cartoons that come on tv. :)

Julie

Tony M said...

Sorry, I'm still a fan of "A Christmas Story." I've watched it (literally) every year since it came out (at least once), wore out two copies on Beta video (anyone else remember that?), and now have a wearing-out VHS copy (don't have my VCR hooked up - may have to buy it on DVD this year).

Brenda said...

Cute new background. Scary that some things were deleted! That is a fear I have too. Hope it's very difficult to actually lose your whole blog. Wouldn't that be horrible?

That's so nice of you to mention me in your post. Thanks! Two Christmas movies that come to mind that I've enjoyed are: Prancer and Jack Frost. I also like Home Alone and Christmas Vacation. I'll be back if I think of more. :)

Christy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christy said...

OK, I did it! Thanks to The Cutest Blog on the Block. They made it extremely easy - so easy I COULD DO IT!! You know that's easy. Thanks, Mandie, for the suggestion.

Terry said...

"The Family Man" with Nicolas Cage and Tea Leoni is one of my favorites. It has a few bad words, but not many.

Tony M said...

I think I enjoyed "The Family Man" - Nic is probably my absolute favorite actor ever ("Raising Arizona" tops my favorite movie list). Tea Leoni is pretty good, too, although I haven't seen a lot with her in it.

Dean Lusk said...

"Jingle All the Way" is a favorite, but the two that top my list are "The Year Without a Santa Claus" and "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town!" Who doesn't love that weirdo psychedelic solo by the soon-to-be-Mrs. Claus?