Monday, November 17, 2008

Just so you'll know...


...here are a few things you should know about me.



  • I'm not a morning person. I've tried and tried to change, but it just ain't gonna happen.

  • It might take a while for me to consider you a friend, but once I do, there's no changing it (unless, of course, you're a complete and total jerk, which if you were, you wouldn't be my friend anyway, so the point is moot).

  • I'm not very trusting, so if you tell me something I will probably google it later when you don't know about it. Why I trust google is beyond me.

  • I'm an avid reader, a book to me is great therapy.

  • I love, love, love to sing. It makes my soul skip like a little girl.

  • My children keep me humble. They call me out on things I don't think people notice.

  • I feel like the luckiest woman in the world every time I realize who I married.

  • Coffee and chocolate are two of THE most wonderful things in God's creation. I just know He was thinking of me when He created these heavenly treats.

  • My greatest weakness is sticking to a budget. Just thinking about it makes me want to go on a spending spree and buy DVD's and purses.

  • I still cry during some scenes of the "Lord of the Rings" movies, "Titantic" and "Passion of the Christ".

  • Large crowds unnerve me.

  • I have a short-term memory problem.

  • The piano is my favorite musical instrument.

  • Josh Groban music puts me in a trance.

That's probably enough for one spell. Actually, it's probably more than enough. I would enjoy hearing some things about you, too, so feel free to share in your comments.

7 comments:

Potpourri of Praise said...

I can SO relate to the 'children keeping us humble' statement. With homeschooling, they get to see so much of us....sometimes too much I think:)...and they do find things that don't appear obvious to others who spend less time with us. I enjoyed reading this and learning about you...did not know that you were an avid reader and singer too:) These are two of my favorite things as well. Maybe I will borrow your idea and do a similar post on my blog if that is okay??

Melissa said...

That's just what I was thinking...maybe everyone should do an "about me" blog one time and learn more about each other! I bet people would be surprised to see how much they're alike! I see that we share some of the same thoughts and things we like! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I can relate to many things you have devulged. I believe you to be a very blessed woman, not only through singing, but signing, and have a great family.
I wish all of us could share as well as you do, too.. : )

Je

Dog snob said...

"Coffee and chocolate are two of THE most wonderful things in God's creation. I just know He was thinking of me when He created these heavenly treats."

AMEN!!

Brenda said...

I am not a morning person either. Tried it, didn't like it. And even if I don't get up early, I still need a big ol' cup of that heavenly joe. Or better yet... a cafe mocha. Mmmm... coffee and chocolate.

The trust thing... do you mean if someone gives you advice about something, then you don't trust that info so you look it up? If that's the case, that is very wise.

I cry during certain movies as well. I've also been known to tear up reading cards in the Hallmark store. Dorky, I know. Hormonal.

I'm not a fan of large crowds either. I especially don't like stadium events.

Guitar is my favorite instrument but you probably knew that.

Josh Groban does have an amazing voice.

It was fun learning these things about you. Thanks for letting us play along. BTW- cute picture of you and your kids. :)

Christy said...

Thanks, Brenda. Regarding the trust thing, I guess it's mainly about stories people tell me and stuff like that. I've had the wool pulled over my eyes too many times. I guess 'cause I'm a blonde they think they can get away with it. Little do they know that I'm a STRAWBERRY blonde, and there's just enough red in there that people should watch out! =0) There's also a major trust thing when someone tells me that "the Bible says this...". I have to look it up for myself, thank you very much! I would hope that everyone would, you know?

Terry said...

I also love chocolate and the Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I can't say that I cried during it. If someone took away my chocolate covered almonds during the movie, I might though:)