Friday, October 10, 2008

Verses that hit me this morning

I don't usually begin reading my Bible with the intent of finding verses for someone else. I sincerely want the Word to speak to me. This morning, however, I couldn't help but think of our two presidential candidates and the way they have fallen short of their promises to run a positive campaign. They are both guilty of this, BOTH! Also, they both claim to be Christians, so this morning I prayed these verses over them (italics mine):


Titus 3:1-8

1 Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, 2 to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and to show true humility toward all men.
3 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a trustworthy saying. And I want you to stress these things, so that those who have trusted in God may be careful to devote themselves to doing what is good. These things are excellent and profitable for everyone.


I don't know about you, but I'm weary from all of this "He did/said this", "No, he did/said this" junk. I really wish that our nation's leaders could be worthy of the title "leader" and that they could act like responsible, caring adults.

6 comments:

Aaron said...

thank you for the prayers!

Mike said...

Amen. I wish they could also start focusing on the problems and not just slam each other.

Mork said...

Yeah - even here in Oz I getting pretty annoyed with it all ....

BTW .. I'm back on the Blog, long story might share it oneday.

Christy said...

Yippie! Mork is back! Thanks for letting me know.

Terry said...

Good post, Christy!

Anonymous said...

Christy,
I agree, I wish they would just tell you what they plan on doing, not what they "think" we want to know. And this he said/did routine, is getting verrry old.
GRRRHHH! ;(
Jeanne