Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Copy Cat


I'm going to copy a post idea I've gotten from a few other bloggers out there. I would like to know what you readers are reading these days. I'm currently reading Charles Dickens' Great Expectations. I am enjoying it, but it's taking me a while because, like David Copperfield, it's a long book and I have to steal a few minutes here and there to read. No leisure reading for me these days, except of course when I'm camping. Charles Dickens is an excellent author. I thoroughly enjoy his humor. So, what's on your list of great books? I just joined a book club and I'll need more ideas of books to read. The book club is basically free, so I can afford it! LOL! I found out about this club from a comment on the SCL blog I read.
On another note, my kids have found a really funny website with silly videos. They're not allowed to watch all of them, though, because of content. The ones that we enjoy are about Superman, Willy Wonka, Spiderman 3 and How to Survive and Alien Attack. I would post the videos here, but you know I don't know how to do that yet.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Dickens is great. His books can be long but the are rich and deep.

Terry said...

I'm reading "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" by C.S. Lewis to my son before bed each night.

Ruth said...

I've just finished reading "The Shack" along with "Eat Pray Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert. The Shack is great!

Eat Pray Love is a fun read but I don't agree with the theology. However, I got a better understanding of meditation and eastern spirituality.

Mork said...

I've got 3 on the go:

Last Theorem, Arthur C Clarke and Frederik Pohl

Worms Eat My Garbage: How to Set Up and Maintain a Worm Composting, Appelhof

Story of Christian Music: From Gregorian Chant to Black Gospel, Wilson-Dickson


I LOVE reading - it's my time out!!!!