Thursday, October 9, 2008

Clutter, Clutter Everywhere!

My house is closing in on me. Everywhere I turn there is clutter! It's beyond your usual leave-your-purse-on-the-counter type of thing. It's books, blankets, knick-knacks and more that I don't care to mention. I've decided that it's time to clear this stuff away. I just can't get myself to actually DO IT. It's difficult to get started when I don't even know where I'm going to put all of this junk. Afterall, I MIGHT NEED IT someday, right? If I put it in the attic, I might as well just toss it out completely, because my attic isn't a place that I enter except for Christmas stuff. But if I toss it out completely I just know that someday down the line I'm going to be looking for that something and then it'll hit me - and I visualize the act of tossing that something out in slow motion while screaming NOOOOOO! So, there you go. My little insignificant dramatic dilemma for the day.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh how I can relate to the scene of regretting throwing something away that I wish I hadn't. I'm right there with you on the dilemma of where to put things. Right now my biggest mess I'm ashamed to say is my bedroom. It should be a clean, cozy, romantic place, but instead it has stuff stored in every corner. Stuff without a proper home. What to do... what to do....

Potpourri of Praise said...

I can SO relate. We decluttered Abgail's room early in the week, and I started on the guest room (which has become a catchall spot). I got as far as the closet (it's all organized now), but clothes for consignment sales, LOTS of stuff to donate, and much more stuff covers every flat surface.

I have to get in a 'mood' in order to clean out/declutter, and I have regretted getting rid of some things, but most things, I never miss. And, most things can be easily replaced if I later need them.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I can relate! I have gotten rid of two boxes of "stuff" and still have many more to go, and have already started thinking, wow I wonder if I could have used that. "Guess I'll just have to buy something to replace it, "oh no, now we start another pile.."
Have fun and good luck, it only gets bet(worse)ter.????
JE