Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Blogging from the heart

Today I want to talk about how difficult it can be at times to write a post to share. I'm sure all you fellow bloggers out there know exactly what I'm talking about. There are times when I desperately want to let you all in on some struggles that I'm going through, however I hesitate; part of me is concerned that my struggles might be a hindrance to others or even come across as divisive. So, I keep my blog shut! (LOL!) Today is no exception. I am refraining from sharing a rather big issue that's been on my heart and mind for months now. Of course I talk to God about this situation EVERY DAY, but He's making me wait for the answer. Don't you love it when He does that? It's amazing how when I'm doing a Bible study, God is working on that exact topic in my life. Presently I'm studying the fruits of the spirit, so patience is one God is working on with me. Oh, and love, kindess, goodness, faithfullness, and don't forget self-control! The peace one - yeah, that one's still up for grabs in my life, too, but I'm working on it.

Have I said "THANKS" to all of you who come by here to read my rantings? No? Shame on me!
THANKS! I appreciate your comments and input so much. You bring a smile to my face. ;0)

5 comments:

Tony M said...

You are most welcome! Be assured that I read your blogs (ok, technically "blog posts," but "blog" is a made-up word anyway!) even if I don't comment. I usually read them in Google Reader from my Google homepage, which doesn't give "comment access" (maybe I should suggest that to them!).

Christy said...

Hey, Tony! Good to "see" you again. It's been a while. Thanks for letting me know you still read my blog posts. I hope you are settling in your new home.

Potpourri of Praise said...

Thanks for sharing. No matter how much a person seems to have 'it' all together, we all have struggles. Some are easier to share and some are more private. I completely understand...the struggles and the waiting for an answer....I am right there too with a couple of major issues.

I will pray that you will see God's answers in your life. I know for me, I find that He often gives me a little nugget...not the whole answer, but just enough truth or just enough encouragement to keep me going.

Brenda said...

I understand what you are saying about wanting to share struggles, but not wanting to hinder or divide. That was some of what my Authenticity post was about. Boy, was I struggling that day! Was it obvious?

Praying for certain things and then having to wait for the answers, especially when it is years, can be so trying. I myself am in that position with several issues.

I agree it is so amazing how God places you in a certain Bible study that speaks right to your situation. That has happened to me time and time again. That is such a comforting sign that He is hearing and working.

I always enjoy your posts. I'll be sticking around. You can't get rid of me too easily now. :)

Terry said...

Christy,
I always enjoy reading your blog. My problem is that I don't keep my blog shut even when it could be offensive or divisive:)

I'll be praying for you as you work through whatever is concerning you.