Monday, September 15, 2008

confession time

Well, I have a confession to make. I haven't had a consistent 'quiet time' with God in over a week! I know, that's horrible. I don't really know what kept me from reading my Bible, other than reading too many blogs. There are several blogs that I keep up with, but that really shouldn't be the cause. I mean, I wake up before the kids and that's when I should have my QT. After the kids wake up and we do our homeschool for the day, there is usually plenty of time for me to catch up on the blogosphere. So WHY have I been such a schmuck? I dunno. (Is 'schmuck' a bad word? Cuz if it is I need to know; I've been saying it a lot lately). I've been thinking about the verses where Paul says something like this: the things I want to do, I don't, and the things I don't want to do, I do - cuz that's where I am lately. Am I the only one who's in a spiritual slump?

4 comments:

Terry said...

I'm with you. For several days, my mind has been unfocused. It has been a challenge to read and to pray. I have been dealing with some kind of cold virus or inner ear infection or something. I can barely talk or stay awake throughout the day. I missed being with my church yesterday and am missing work today. I'm hoping to get back to a better frame of mind soon.

Potpourri of Praise said...

While I am not there at this very moment, I too struggle with this...and just recently came out of a slump. I spend a lot of online time....and I have even subscribed to a couple of places that send me daily devotions. That way if I did not get any/enough time, at least I am getting a little bit that way. Also, I walk 5 days a week, and I use part of that time to pray. I have a harder time on the weekends when we all tend to sleep in and I have little 'private' time to read and pray. So, I know what you mean.....hang in there. I'll be praying for you this week to find that time to be alone with God:)

Anonymous said...

We all have those seasons. We wouldn't be telling the truth if we were to say that we didn't. I think that the important thing is that we truly miss him and know that something is missing when we don't spend time. Don't get me wrong...sometimes it's very hard to get motivated and sometimes it's even hard to find the words to pray but I mean the longing for closeness that we miss. I really like the email Bible story idea...Beth Moore has one and so does Beloved GA for Woman.

Love you sweets! Praying for you!
Lori B.

Brenda said...

Hate to admit it but I'm guilty of this also lately. I just wrote about procrastination today. This is one of those things I seem to put off and get busy with other things instead. Not too smart of me because it is so refreshing and strengthening to spend time with the Lord. BTW, I don't think schmuck is a bad word!