Saturday, August 2, 2008

Vanity Sizing


Thank you, Gloria Vanderbilt, for vanity sizing your clothing line! Back to my shopping experience from the other day, I was really getting my feelings hurt every time I tried on a pair of capri pants. It just didn't seem right that my usual size wasn't working anymore. What's even worse is that when I would hold up a certain size (not gonna share that tidbit of info w/ ya) I would think, "those are huge for a size ___!", but when I would try them on (emphasis on "try"), well, let's just say they didn't quite make it all the way up. WHAT? That can't be right! Then Gloria comes along. She knows what I'm talking about! No going up a size or two for me, no sir! GV has it all worked out so that my pride can remain intact. Of course she has no control over my tripping over invisible bumps in the store aisles, but, oh well. I guess gracefullness isn't part of the capri package. I used to scoff at vanity sizing, but no more, nuh uh. Now it's just one more of those tiny little blessings that I can count.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Thanks for the kind comments you left on my blog!

M. Steve Heartsill said...

And you women wonder we men don't like to shop with you!