Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My Sweet Boy


It's been a while since I wrote, hasn't it? It's because I haven't really had much to say. My family and I went camping over the weekend. It was a nice little get away. My son's birthday was Sunday, but it didn't feel like it because we didn't have a birthday cake or a bunch of gifts for him to open. We had his one big gift from us that we gave him, a Kick-n-Go scooter in red, but most of his other gifts were cards and money sent from family. He got those when we returned home. He is such a sweet boy. He never once complained that there was no cake or 'party'. In fact, he thought the camping trip and day at the water park was his gift from us! When his grandmother called on his birthday to wish him happy birthday and she told him that she and Granddaddy had money for him, Dawson told her that she didn't have to give him anything. How sweet is that? Then when we actually got home and he received his money from his grandparents, he told them, "That's too much money!" I'm so thankful that my son is thankful, grateful and content (at least for the moment anyway).

2 comments:

Mork said...

Yeah!!! - wish my sons were more like yours, it all begins and ends with them!!!! But I still love my selfish sons dearly my daughters are way more grateful and content.

Potpourri of Praise said...

What a sweet child!! But, I had already seen that sweet and gracious side of him so many times in class....so it's no shock. You guys are doing a great job raising a wonderful young man.