Tuesday, July 29, 2008

heavy heart

My heart is heavy today. I don't know that I will be able to fully express the reason. I only know that my heart is heavy, my soul is burdened and it's for the body of Christ. We're not working together, if in fact we're working at all. It's like we're a bunch of scattered ants, running around in a frenzy knowing we're supposed to be at work, but something came down on us, and now we've forgotten how to get back into formation and do the job we're called to do.

3 comments:

Mork said...

I use to feel like this a lot, doing the job we are called to do - AMEN!!! It's called mission not Church. Praying for you.

Kevin Davis said...

Heavy hearts don't always make sense but they often (at least for me) draw me closer to something God is whispering and I would have otherwise missed it. Since you can't magically fix the Body of Christ, what's your personally response in your relationships and your church?

Christy said...

I have been asking God to specifically bring people my way, or should I say, help me to realize and recognize the people He brings my way, so that I can share with them what He has done for me. I want to step out of my usual comfy seat and be out there, ready and willing to share His message of love, hope and mercy. My 'church' seems to be decreasing in my minds eye. I don't mean that harshly, it's just that I haven't seen enough work going on there, so I guess it's about time I take my work out of there. Does that make sense? Thanks for asking. How 'bout you?