Monday, June 2, 2008

My Want-To-Do list

I've nothing better to blog about right now, so I'm going to share some things with you that are on my "want-to-do" list. Things that I want to do before I die. My bucket list, if you will (Dean says that a lot - "if you will", not "my bucket list", anyway...). I apologize if I've posted on this before, I really should check my archives, but I don't want to, so there! Oh, and feel free to add a few of your want-to-do's; I'd be very interested in knowing. Also, if some of mine match some of yours, then maybe we could work something out and split the cost! ;)

Here we go ...
  1. go on an archaeological dig (preferrably in Egypt, but I'll take anywhere)

  2. find an authentic arrow head (this is actually separate from the first one. I would just like to come across one haphazardly)

  3. travel to Ireland

  4. go on a cruise (preferrably Alaskan or Carribean, what the heck - both!)

  5. see the Grand Canyon

  6. soak in a natural hot spring

  7. walk on a black-sanded beach (you know, the ones from lava rocks, so I guess it'd be black-rocked, not sand)

  8. hang out with Dolly Parton

  9. record a one-hit wonder

  10. be in a musical (preferrably "Annie Get Your Gun")

  11. see my kids graduate

  12. have my own farm with horses, chickens, rabbits, cows, dogs, dogs and more dogs

  13. scuba dive (even though the thought terrifies me!)

  14. learn two foreign languages

  15. write a children's book with Haley doing illustrations

  16. see my grandchildren grow up (don't tell this to Haley and Dawson, it'll gross them out) ;)

  17. help women and girls dealing with depression

  18. master American Sign Language

  19. get a college degree

  20. see Dwight as Fire Chief

  21. learn to sew, knit, cross-stitch OR quilt (don't think I could handle more than one of those)

  22. wake up in a good mood and STAY in a good mood all day!

  23. take a photography course

  24. But the most important thing is seeing all of my family come to know Christ. I love my family reunions here on Earth, so the ones in Heaven I want to be sure EVERYBODY will be there!

Thanks for reading my list. I'm sure there will be additions as time goes by. Who knows, maybe I'll even get to check some off the list! That'd be super duper cool!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool List. Thanks for sharing. Let know when you want to work on #21 I can help you learn all but quilting but I guess if you can sew you can quilt. Maybe we can learn that one together. Deanna

Christy said...

Sounds good to me. Are you taking the ladies Bible study this summer? Maybe we could go out for lunch one day afterward and you can show me how to get started. Let me know. I've got to start on my list sometime, right?

Anonymous said...

Yes, I am. I would love to get together one day. Let's not let the summer get by without doing this. :) D

Tony M said...

I think some of those are things I'd like to do, too. Number 9 would be a good one... unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'm on my way... :)

Christy said...

UPDATE! I can check off #22! WOO HOO!

Amanda Hoot said...

I have done 1/2 of #4 - So lets plan to do the other half or I can do my half over. :-)

AMANDA