Friday, June 20, 2008

elvis book


elvis book
Originally uploaded by dcellis3
I went to a concert Thursday night with my BFF. It was some dude who really wanted to be Elvis, but since he obviously wasn't, he at least pretends that he is. It was actually a pretty good concert, if I didn't look at him while he try the Elvis moves. Anyway, as the concert went on, I began to notice the people around me. Near the end of the show, there were a few people who actually had their hands in the air, you know, like some people do at church during the worship music. Then during one number, the finale, people actually started to stand. So I couldn't help but wonder, and I asked my buddy, "I wonder if Elvis was a stumbling block for people". I mean, to some people Elvis really was and still is THE KING. Now, I am a fan of Elvis and his music, but it saddened me to think that perhaps he had distracted people away from God. The photo you see is one I took a couple of months ago, before I even knew that I would go to that concert. Interesting, huh?

No comments: