Monday, June 16, 2008

a challenge was given and I accepted

Just in case you don't ever read my homeschool blog, here's my most recent post. A challenge was given by a lovely lady, Josephine, who lost her husband on Mother's Day weekend. He was a truck driver and was hit head on by an intoxicated 20-something male. Both died. So, the following is my blog about my wonderful husband, Dwight.


As many other women have done, I've accepted the challenge given by Josephine "dixiecajuns" to blog about our husbands. I think I've mentioned before how much I love and admire my husband, Dwight, but I'll be glad to say it all again. Dwight and I have been married for 16 years. He is an awesome provider, working three jobs. He works with the Fire Dept. in the city of Huntsville - was recently promoted to Driver - PRAISE GOD! His other jobs include his own home repair business and landscaping for our church. He works more than any man I know, yet he always makes time for his family. He knows the importance of being with his children while they are young and impressionable. He is amazing with them. Patience should be his middle name, because he is always patient with them. He will be ready to drop from exhaustion by the time he makes it home, but he always welcomes their enthusiastic greetings and inquistive minds as soon as he walks in the door. Being a father has definitely brought out the best in Dwight.
After my mom and grandmother died a year ago, I fell to pieces - even to the point of suicide. Dwight was my rock! Without him I wouldn't be here. He was on his knees lifting me up to the throne of God. He was there for the kids when I wasn't. He was there for me when no one else knew what to say or do. He has become my best friend.
Dwight always makes us laugh. He is so silly and good natured. Everyone loves Dwight. He is loyal, faithful and true. He loves the Lord with all of his heart, soul, mind and strength. He is an awesome figure and role model for us all.

2 comments:

Tony M said...

Not to sound weird commenting on this post, but do you remember a couple of weeks ago when the pastor was asking us to think of someone who really represented an humble, Christian person (or something like that)? Yep, I thought of Dwight. (I'll leave it at that before this really does sound "too weird"... :)

Christy said...

That's not weird, it's very kind, thank you. ;)