Friday, May 9, 2008

Where Do I Start?

Well, I haven't had much to say lately, so I've opted not to say anything. Plus, I've just been plain ole tired. I still don't have much to say regarding my personal life, but I thought I'd talk about what's going on in other peoples lives. So where do I start? There's so much going on. First of all, let me start with the completely idiotic, which would be teenagers fighting. With everybody and their granny having picture/video cell phones, if you start a fight, you're gonna be recorded. There's a story on Fox News about a mom who drives her daughter to meet a girl so they can fight things out! Of course someone records it and so now it's all over the media. The mom is facing child endangerment charges - IDIOTS! Sorry if that offends you, but there are idiots in the world.

On a completely different note, there's another story on Fox News about a family who is expecting their 18th child. WOW! I just really don't even know what to say about that.


One other news flash and then I'll stop. Miley Cyrus. BOY! Did she and her folks mess up, huh? My kids completely adore Miley, and of course I've been watching things with a careful eye. I hate to say this, but I've been waiting for her to mess up. Why the lack of faith in her? Because she's human and she's only 15 years old. Do you remember being 15 years old? I do. I wanted to try it all (I didn't, but I wanted to). I completely understand where Miley was coming from, because of her age and lack of experience, knowledge, wisdom and discernment. She's only 15! That's also the reason why I remind my kids not to idolize her or anyone for that matter. They're gonna disappoint us, but GOD WON'T. Well, here's a link to an interview with Kirk Cameron (LOVE Kirk Cameron! See my side bar for a link to his website "Way of the Master") talking with Bill O'Reilly about the Miley mess up. I haven't told my kids about the pictures she's made. I don't know that I will unless they ask me about it. I figure why not let them keep Miley/Hannah innocent 'cause it helps keep them (my kids) innocent, too. Plus, I think the Miley/Hannah train is starting to slow down on its anyway - woo woo!

I've gotta go watch soccer games today, come back home and clean house. We're having my mother-in-law over for Mother's Day tomorrow ; bittersweet holiday for me now. Dwight got me a great GPS for Mother's Day. Now I won't get lost again on my way home from long distance field trips (don't ask).

No comments: