Monday, May 19, 2008

A Look Back


Today I've been - good for nothing. I haven't done anything productive at all, unless you consider adding some 50+ relatives to your geneology pages productive. I think I've mentioned before that I intend on researching my family roots. I'm afraid it's going to be a much more daunting task than I initially anticipated. But once I start, I plan on keepin' on keepin' on as far back into the past as I can. Now this would be an easy task if I were looking into Dwight's family. His Aunt Ginny is a wonderful historian and keeps track of everyone on a regular basis. What's interesting about the Ellis' is that the Sequoyah Caverns used to be the family homestead. That's where all the big family reunions are held every five years or so. But alas (he! he! I used the word "alas") there are no such descriptive records of my family, so I've got to dig them up. Maybe I can just make them up and save myself some time. LOL! The photo is of my Pa Weaver. Wasn't he handsome?

No comments: