Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I wonder...


Do you ever think that people in days gone by had it easier when it comes to spending time with God and meditating on His word? I mean, today we have technology every where that distracts us - take blogging for instance. I can't help but think of David when he was a shepherd and how all he had time to do was sit in the meadows watching the sheep and talking to God about everything. He had the entire night's sky as his entertainment, only it drew him closer to God, not farther away. That's just something I've been thinking about today - that is when the radio isn't on, or the TV or the computer, or the....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew thinks its punishment to go outside and play. Phoey. Just yesterday I told him that "God created the outdoors, not indoors." The girls are like me; we prefer riding bikes and digging in the dirt to being plugged in.

We seem to agree on so much!! Thanks for having your blog site so I can connect to a kindred spirit. How's the garden coming? (not a common activity at the moment, but I do wish to have a garden at my dream house...)

-t

Tony M said...

Nothing says "God" like a tic-infested, mosquito-ridden wood setting! :) Kidding there, only kidding! I agree... sometimes it's just nice to sit and rest, basking in the beautiful and imaginative world that our wonderful God created for us to live and play in (sorry for ending this sentence in a preposition). And when I see a starlit sky, or a creek rushing from out of sight to out of sight... yes, much easier to meditate, worship, pray, than when the TV is going and the radio is on upstairs and the computers are busy in the other room and right in front of me... much easier...