Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I'm a Pepper, He's a Pepper, She's a Pepper...


Remember that Dr. Pepper commercial? Everyone is singing, dancing and extremely happy to be a "Pepper"? I used to like that TV commercial, even though I don't like Dr. Pepper (yuckola!). What got me singing this little diddy in my head? I'm glad you asked. Last night I was part of a few family interviews for my church's homeschool cover. Part of the interview entails the family sharing their relationship with Christ. It's very, um, refreshing (trying to stay on the soda theme), to hear what Christ has done in other people's lives. Some of the families we've interviewed over the course of three years have been slightly reluctant to share their personal stories about how/when they received Christ as their Savior. I can understand that to an extent. However, when Christ comes into our hearts and lives, we become a new creation. The old has passed away and all things become new! How can we NOT want to share that when given the chance? So, here we go... "I'm a Christian, he's a Christian, she's a Christian, wouldn't you like to be a Christian, too?" Seriously, if you don't know Christ personally, please ask me what it means, what it takes, and I'll be THRILLED to share with you what Christ has done for me! For now, let me leave you with the verses that made me realize I needed Christ:
I John 1:8-9
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he (Jesus) is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

1 comment:

Tony M said...

I like your alteration of the old pepper commercial. Oh, and I do like Dr. Pepper. Once upon a time I had a Dr. Pepper can in my car while I went to school, and when I came out, there was this sticky stuff all over the inside of the car... yep, the Dr. Pepper can had exploded from the heat (late summer in B'ham). Sorry, that wasn't quite on the same topic as your post...