Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day


I thought I would use from my archives my first St. Patrick's Day post, mainly because I don't have time to write a fresh one. Have a great St. Patrick's Day!


Today is one of my favorite holidays. I don't really know why, exactly, except that I believe I have strong Irish roots. I will find out one of these days as I've decided to research my family's heritage. Anyway, I thought that I would share with you an interesting website about St. Patrick's Day. It is from the History Channel and there are some videos to watch if you have the time and the interest.

Today my kids and I are wearin' the green - even our dog is thanks to Haley! She sewed a little cape of sorts for the dog with Dixie's name and all! It's really cute.

Well enjoy the day and a few Irish blessings:

May those who love us, love us
And those who don't love us,
May God turn their hearts
And if he can't turn their hearts,
May he turn their ankles
So we will know them by their limping!

As you slide down the banister of life,
May the splinters never point in the wrong direction!

May your neighbors respect you,
Troubles neglect you,
The angels protect you,
And Heaven accept you.

May you always have Walls for the winds,
A roof for the rain,
Tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all your heart might desire!

2 comments:

Tony M said...

I think I've also Irish roots. Or maybe it was Scottish, I can't remember for sure at the moment. Maybe both. I have my "family plaid" (actually, two of them) somewhere on my refrigerator in magnet form, I think.

Scott Booker said...

Not a big celebrator of St. Pattys day...but would like to visit Ireland someday!!

Hope you had a good one!!