Sunday, April 6, 2008

not recommended


A year ago I was duped into joining a DVD club. You might ask me how I was duped? Well, the long of it is I was surfing the web and came across an opportunity to win seasons 1 through whatever it was at the time of my favorite TV show 24. All I had to do was answer a few surveys - there was no purchase required of anything - supposedly! Well, after many, many pages of questions and polite refusals of products I was directed to this DVD club site and somehow got myself tangled up into a year contract! It has been a very frustrating experience to say the least! DVD clubs are not worth it!! If you are considering joining one - DON'T!! Just go to Wal-Mart, Target, wherever and purchase the DVD's much cheaper and you're not obligated to anyone to buy any more!
OH, I forgot to mention that I never got to the point where I received 24 for free! The surveys were never ending and I finally gave up! Sometimes this Internet thing can be very costly in time and money (but I don't think I could live without it)!

4 comments:

Dean Lusk said...

So these five "Free flat-screen TV" offers I've signed up for aren't going to work???

:-)

Seriously, sorry for you on that twisted contract. That is hugely aggravating!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, those marketing people are really cruel.

I've been considering starting a blog page, but I just don't have the time or ideas of where to get the pictures. Where do you get them?! I enjoy reading your thoughts!!
-tiffany

Christy said...

Well, some of the pics are my personal ones. The other ones I just download from microsoft word clip art collections. There are websites that offer pics supposedly for free, but I've not been able to figure out how to use those, so I gave up. Thanks for reading!

Scott Booker said...

I have been duped by the DVD and CD clubs. Never again!!! Its a hard lesson to hearn...but at least you have learned it now!! And you are right...go to WAL-MART!! Its so much easier!!

And if you need to borrow all the seasons of 24...I have them all!! LOL