Saturday, March 29, 2008

a little bit of nostalgia



I really enjoy music. Most people do, I suppose. There are multiple types of music, so everyone's tastes can be pretty well satisfied. I personally enjoy music from the 70's and 80's era. After the 80's I think that the quality of music went downhill! Growing up I listened to what my mom listened to, of course. Her favorites and mine include Linda Ronstadt, Rita Coolidge, Doobie Brothers, and later on Alabama, just to name a few. I still have the albums and play them often. I remember during the early 80's the Urban Cowboy craze. My mom, my step-dad and I all wore cowboy hats, boots, and jeans. We went to tractor pulls, rodeos - it was hilarious! We had a ball, though. I have so many wonderful memories growing up. I suppose that's why I still enjoy the music from those days.

No comments: