Saturday, March 8, 2008

In Memory


It is with much sadness that I write today. Dear friends of mine have lost their child in a 5-month long battle with an unknown illness. Victoria (Tori) Leigh Wilhoit passed away this morning. She was such a blessing to so many people that she never even met. I would post a picture of her, but I don't have the parents' permission, but trust me, she looked like a little angel. Dwight and I were fortunate enough to see Tori in person at Vanderbilt Medical Center where she spent the majority of her life. Tori, her mom and dad, and the rest of her family, are such strong people, even though I'm sure that's the last way they would describe themselves. It is amazing what all God can do in and through us during difficult times. God is good and He is faithful. He will continue to see the Wilhoit Family and extended families through this situation. I just wanted to let you all know how much Tori has touched my heart personally and I know countless others.

Thank you, Lord for allowing me to know such a blessing.

If you haven't already and would like to read about Tori's journey, use the following link:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/victoriawilhoit

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I agree. My heart is broken for them. I can not imagine what they must feel right now.

Love you!

Scott Booker said...

I will her family in my thoughts and prayers.